Thursday, November 4, 2010

David Muench

Photograph by David Muench
 This  name might not be familiar to many of you, it wasn't to me either. When I became interested in photography, I didn't bother to pay attention to other photographers. As all of you probably know, when you are interested in certain field, you are interested in it fully. Meaning, you know how was it created, who are the famous people in this field. As of photography, there are so many photographers out there and if they are well know, they probably put a lot of effort into this job. David Muench is a a landscape photographer, meaning he travels around different places and takes pictures of the landscapes. He started of when he was a little kid, he used to travel a lot across U.S. In his biography that I found online (muenchphotography.com), I found out that for David there was not other life than taking pictures."His 4 x 5 large format camera is as much a part of him as his innovative eye." 
Photograph by David Muench
 Well now many of you probably ask, why did I decide to write about this photographer and post his photos on here. One of the reason's is because he has the same interest as me and the other one is that I love taking pictures of landscapes. I didn't mention that earlier, but that is one thing I like about photography. Why I like that? Well, I guess because you can do so much with it. Sometimes the world looks so peaceful and beautiful, but we can't always see how beautiful it really is. Like the second photo by Muench, if you look at it for a second, it gives me (and hopefully you too) a feeling that the world is such a peaceful place and just like the photo represents- it's beautiful.
P.S I'll try to post some of my landscape photo's pretty soon, I just can't do it now because I got a new laptop few day's ago and still nothing on here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment